Sunday, March 7, 2010

Showing your colors


two decades of unlearned lessons, it's no wonder. As if touching a hot lid, the hand pulls back from where it was once extended. It's their tribe- their signature. I'm not the only one who sees it. Friends and loved ones tossed by the wayside. Once it's no good for you, leave 'em hanging like a tether ball on the pole. Recess is over. Run along now just like you've probably always done. I'm done with my 6 dollar burger combo now, roll down your window so i can jettison my trash out the window of your speeding car. Someone'll clean it up, I just don't want the trash i've created near me. Let Caltrans or "someone" else deal with it. Predictable. But I know better and I still care. I will pick up that trash because it's just the right thing to do. That, and i can't stand a mess- be it literal or metaphorical. Even though i've done nothing wrong, i am made to feel like a kid sitting on a stool in the corner. Left alone, ignored, cut off. Poof! she's gone. "Billy" was right......the future does look bleak in some regards. The coming caretakers could care less. The Core of what this is all about falls by the wayside to Cosmic Bowling and social hour. Makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. Or even better...."I'm a cocaine addict, so I think i'll room up with Manuel Noriega". Good luck with that. Your loss. -note: click on pic to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment