Wednesday, September 15, 2010

untitled

Time
Its moving fast now, fast as the grass.
Going to rain now, I smell it in the air.
Too late to cut the lawn, I put it off too long.
Let's sit on the porch swing, you and I.
Let's make up the time, let's try.
I make haste, but I am here.
I've always loved you so, my dear.
I've lived so long in yesteryear,
When you sported curls and you were near.
Leave me not behind, please take me along.
I am who I am, and I'm often wrong.
Peer inside, look deep, you'll see...
That I wish for you, to wish for me.
I'm wrapped around your finger, twisted like vine.
Precious to me, daughter of mine.
Let us walk out, let us undo what's been done.
Take off your shoes, and in the tall grass run,
Knowing that you're my number one.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good, solid step in the right direction. :) Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete